6.03.2011

Foodie Friday

This little piggy slept until 11 today!


I had the day off, and though it is beautiful and sunny, it is not quite warm enough to sit out on my shady patio.  So instead, I've been listening to my favorite music - 1990s pop/rock/alt - and hanging out in the kitchen.

I started the day by chopping up a nice ripe cantaloupe.  There's nothing like fresh fruit in the morning.


Then I moved on to start making homemade classic vegan ice cream sandwiches, which are still in the works!  Making ice cream without an ice cream maker takes a looooooong time.  These do look like they are going to be really tasty, though.  Just a few more hours and they should be good to go.

 fresh-baked cookies

ice cream in the works

I had some kale in the fridge that I forgot to use, plus Billy Goat hates kale, so I decided to make some kale chips.  They came out a little burnt, and we are still using weird and overly olivey olive oil.  They look super ugly, but they're not completely gross.  Billy Goat might even like them because of the burnt crispy thing they have going on.


I started prepping a chickpea broccoli casserole for dinner - it has to cook for an hour or so, so I figured if I got it out of the way there might be some time to go grocery shopping.

not cooked, but ready to go

my cute casserole dish!

Well, the day is running out and because this ice cream is so high maintenance, it looks like this little piggy will NOT go to the market today!


Please forgive my photos - I am not a professional photographer in any way whatsoever and the lighting in my kitchen isn't great for food pics anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment